Neighborhood: San Sebastian
Nights starting at $200
Weeks starting at $1200
Months starting at $4000
As described in The Guardian (August 2022), Casa Sandia "exudes a sense of the past and reflects its historical surroundings."
Walking through the entry into the main living space is like stepping into an 80+ year history of life in Barrio San Sebastian. Continue to the garden pool to return to centuries past, when only the Maya lived amongst this lush jungle of the Yucatan. You'll find tasteful decor, comfortable beds, and modern amenities to tie it all together. So go ahead, book your slice!
Casa Sandia (Casa Watermelon for you English-speakers) is the latest addition to the @CasasThorpe collection, which features a number of other houses in Merida with 4.8 and up reviews. We're bringing the same level of attention to detail a style to Sandia and can't wait to host you!
Here are just some of the features that await you:
- One of the most photogenic and #instaworthy properties in Merida
- Newly-restored and furnished with modern amenities
- Single-level construction for easy living
- Expansive garden/pool area in harmony with nature
- Filtered chukum pool with Baja ledge and lounging spaces + plenty of shade
- A/C units in each of the 3 bedrooms and the living room
- Plush green-tea memory foam mattresses in every bedroom
- 50" 4k LG Smart TV in living room
- High-speed internet tested at more than 75mbps down and 15mbps up
- Well-equipped kitchen with new LG refrigerator
- New LG washer + dryer in the auxiliary building
- Thoughtfully furnished and decorated with almost entirely custom-built and reclaimed furniture and accessories, benefiting local artisans and the planet
- Located just a block from Parque San Sebastian and only a 5-minute drive or 20-minute walk from the main city square and cathedral
We use a non-toxic treatment on a regular basis to keep the insect population under control because we want to give you "the jungle experience, but clean." However, please consider that Merida is a tropical zone and you may occasionally encounter a stray bug or two.
1. Check in takes place after 3pm. Check out takes place before 11am. Times can be adjusted.
2. $200 USD damage deposit.
3. Minimum stay of 2 nights.
4. Smoking is not allowed inside the house.
5. Pets are not allowed.
6. Maximum 6 overnight guests. Additional overnight guests are not permitted. The maximum is 6 people.
OTHER SERVICES AVAILABLE BY REQUEST
Casa La Plancha 1032
Casa Tso 1042
Casa Lola 1029
Casa Chopin 1036